BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Tracklist's Top 20 Albums of 2009

I created this blog in July to help put my thoughts into words when trying to recommend new bands to friends. I hope that I have succeeded to some degree in helping you find new music that you otherwise would have missed out on.

I reviewed 55 albums released in 2009, by far the most new music I have ever listened to. If The Tracklist is to keep growing, I know I must continue to grow that number and expand my own musical reach. I see big things ahead and I hope you will choose to grow with me.

Here are my Top 20 Albums of 2009, as a gift to you for sticking with me.


20. Cage The Elephant - Cage The Elephant


19. Owl City - Ocean Eyes


18. John Mayer - Battle Studies


17. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown


16. (500) Days of Summer OST


15. The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away


14. The Script - The Script


13. The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You


12. Real Estate - Real Estate


11. The Everyday Visuals - The Everyday Visuals


10. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest


9. Girls - Album


8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!


7. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


6. Regina Spektor - Far


5. Miike Snow - Miike Snow


4. Metric - Fantasies


3. Muse - The Resistance


2. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca


1. Passion Pit - Manners



*If your favorite album of 2009 didn't make my list, leave a comment!