BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sleigh Bells "Treats"

I'm not late to the hype, just late to the bandwagon. I heard about these guys early this year... probably around SXSW. Except I found their sound to be abrasive and didn't understand how people were classifying them as "pop". The only song I heard that I liked was "Rill Rill" which is sort of the black sheep of the album.

What really turned me onto these guys was a mashup album created by DJ O-Face called Jay Bells. That's right, Jay-Z and Sleigh Bells. I had never considered the "abrasive" beats they sang their "pop" songs over are like hip-hop beats. The best mashup on the record is "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" rapped over "Crown On The Ground". It absolutely owned my soul for a couple weeks.

So I went back to Treats and that's when it all fell into place. The songs made sense and it was a fun listen. Impossible not to get into.

Must hear: Rill Rill (& Dirt Off Your Crown by DJ O-Face [#6])

(Release date: 5/11/10)



DJ O-Face Presents: Jay Bells (Jay​-​Z vs. Sleigh Bells) by Hypetrak