BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weezer "Raditude"

Raditude? Rainn Wilson? And that ridiculous cover? Yes, Weezer is pandering to the lowest common denominator. OK, fine. Let's get to the music.

With song titles like "I'm Your Daddy", "The Girl Got Hot" and "Can't Stop Partying" you can't help but think there's something else going on here. Maybe they're making a statement. About the music industry? About the consumer? Maybe everyone. A song like "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" is a classic pop song. But the title is intentionally long and jarring because it isn't easily marketable. It wouldn't surprise me if Weezer was just churning out these records to fulfill their contract and be able to move on.

Must hear: (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7OruAFESw)

(Release Date: 11/3/09)