BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beach House "Zebra EP"

Beach House's Teen Dream is still in the lead for my year-end rankings, so when I heard they had put out an additional EP, I had to take a listen. It consists of 4 tracks: a radio edit of "Zebra" (from Teen Dream), a remix of "10 Mile Stereo" (also from Teen Dream), and 2 new songs.

"Zebra" was one of my favorite songs off their full-length release but I am not a fan of this radio edit. It is probably fine if you have never heard the original, but they cut out a full minute and it loses a lot of ambiance. I also didn't care for the "10 Mile Stereo" remix. They totally lost the original song in there.

The real treat for me was one of the new songs, "The Arrangement". It is just as good as anything on Teen Dream and would have fit in nicely on that album. Either way, it's a treasure as a B-side.

Must hear: The Arrangement

(Release Date: 4/17/10)